Why Hygiene is beneficial ?
- To remove plaque and tartar (hardened plaque) that can build up on your teeth, we may suggest that you have your teeth scaled and polished.
- This is a ‘professional clean’ usually carried out at your dental surgery by a dental hygienist.
- The dental hygienist will scrape away plaque and tartar from your teeth using special hand instruments and ultrasonic devices, then polish your teeth to remove marks or stains, until now.
Gum disease is a common condition amongst the population. This can go undetected due to its symptomless nature at the early stage. At Hillside Dental we identify local and general areas of inflammation and disease of teeth and their support structure. We offer treatment by mechanical methods of deep scaling and debridement of the roots or using local antibiotic therapy.
It is now becoming common knowledge that systemic disease can manifest itself orally and with gum inflammation or pocketing and a strong link between gum disease and conditions such as heart disease.
At Hillside Dental we not only work with patients to manage the oral disease but also in its prevention, through our various oral health programs. A general health analysis is carried out for each patient. Not only do we examine oral health but also carry out a detailed medical report. The key factors here would be blood pressure checks, blood sugar checks, liaison with Physicians on cholesterol checks and any other medication patients may be on. Below is information on the Aquacare Air Abrasion treatment we provide. The end of cleaning as we know it. Traditional cleaning has remained virtually unchanged for many years.
To remove plaque and tartar (hardened plaque) that can build up on your teeth, your dentist may suggest that you have your teeth scaled and polished. This is a ‘professional clean’ usually carried out at your dental surgery by a dental hygienist.The dental hygienist will scrape away plaque and tartar from your teeth using special hand instruments and ultrasonic devices, then polish your teeth to remove marks or stains, until now.
AquaCare uses a mix of air, water and powder to gently wash away staining. If you would like to have cleaner, bright teeth and would love to have unsightly stains removed, then this power treatment could be for you.
This stain removal treatment will also enhance the effectiveness of teeth whitening treatment. If you opt for a ‘Aquacare’ stain removal treatment followed up by a teeth whitening treatment, it will help to produce your brightest smile yet.
AquaCare – Contactless Dentistry
After your AquaCare treatment, you should expect a ‘sandy’ feeling on your teeth immediately after treatment. Don’t worry! These are natural minerals attaching to the tooth surface. The ‘sandy’ feeling will go away leaving you with bright and smooth teeth. It is recommended to wait at least one hour after treatment so that the minerals have formed the protective enamel-like layer. Sylc has been approved* for cleaning and polishing and there are no side effects with the use of Sylc. Ask your dentist or hygienist about
* Kings College London Dental Institute at Guy’s, Kings College & St. Thomas’ Hospitals. King’s Health Partner London UK
1. A comfortable and quick cleaning procedure for even brighter and cleaner teeth.
2. AquaCare ultra cleans for even brighter and cleaner teeth.
3. AquaCare – reduces tooth sensitivity from hot and cold food and drink.
4. Removes food, coffee, tea, wine and tobacco stains.
5. Non-invasive painless cleaning.
6. Cleaner healthier teeth.
7. Brighter smile.
8. Restores the natural lustre appearance of healthy teeth.
9. Provides quick desensitisation upon.
10. Sylc’s unique formulation contains over 99% Novamin® – an advanced calcium phosphate technology, scientifically* proven to reduce sensitivity. Sylc particles quickly help to seal the channels that are responsible for sensitivity. It then forms an enamel-like layer which bonds to the tooth giving longer lasting protection from hot and cold drinks and food.
AquaCare uses breakthrough technology to deliver a comfortable, quick cleaning procedure by using a fine stream of fluid combined with a tiny volume of powder directed at the teeth to be treated. Decay is then comfortably removed with minimal sensation, leaving healthy tooth material undisturbed.
Unlike a conventional dental drill, hand instruments and ultrasonic devices, the AquaCare procedure makes no contact with your tooth and there is no distressing vibration, heat or smell. In fact, there is so little sensation that anaesthetic injections are rarely necessary.
For on-going results, it is recommended that you are treated with Sylc every appointment.
We offer single and multiple visit hygiene care with and without anaesthesia. In some cases, we may also use the antibiotic gel in and around your gums